Tonight I had a revelation. My five year old thinks he runs this household. Well, at least when daddy isn’t home. It’s just me and him tonight.
- I pushed him in a stroller to the grocery store.
- I listened to him whine and complain through the entire store.
- I let him scan and bag each item in the self-checkout.
- I let him pay using 15+ dollar coins…do you have any idea how long it takes a child to put 15 coins into a machine? Too long.
- I pushed him home in a stroller while carrying two heavy bags on each wrist…while pretending the stroller was The Woodstock Express. (Carowinds Theme Park)
- I cooked our dinner. Slack as usual…hotdogs w/ Mac & Cheese.
- I accidently put mustard on his hotdog by mistake. He only wanted ketchup.
- I quickly tried to clean all of it off.
- Used knife to scrape off the majority.
- Used paper towel to wipe off the remaining mustard.
- Used another paper towel to remove even more mustard from the crevices.
- I thought to myself…Why wouldn’t you just rinse it off? Wouldn’t a hotdog bath be easier vs. scrubbing this disgusting piece of meat with paper towels?
- I thought to myself… Maybe I could think straight if Dino Squad would shut the heck up. “I’m in…I’m in…in the Dino Squad!” JUST SHUT UP! NO ONE CARES!
- I served dinner and he ate it.
- I sat down.
Aaron: “Hey mama! You want to build a fort with me.”
So…after our fort I’m going to bed. Ya’ll have a good night 🙂