- My quotes, stories, pics etc. needed a home.
- Maybe someday it will make me money!
- I love stats…actually I’m addicted to watching this site grow!
- I wanted to learn more about website/blog building.
- I wanted to learn how to manage social media in an effort to drive traffic to my site.
- I wanted to learn about networking.
- It’s an outlet. I love to tell stories and I believe there are parents out there that can relate.
He was in a recliner. On one side was a giant stuffed gorilla and a gigantic fluffy dog on the other. He threw them violently to the floor but remained seated.
“This is nice. I like that this seat has cookies and lemonade. Now I have to swim. I’ll have to use my swimming suit.”
He brought the invisible cookie up to his mouth and began to chew the air. After eating the chocolate chip air cookie he crawled out onto the reclined foot rest. His weight pushed down the recliner causing the chair to fling back hitting my wall.
I continued to stare in his direction without saying a word. What is there to say? We were clearly in his fantasy world. It was 10:00 PM.
It’s been 38 minutes…he’s still up. Here’s a recap of what happens in just over 30 minutes.
“Mama, I’ve added more folders on your phone. Now we have room to put more games on there”.
He obviously doesn’t comprehend my lack of available storage space is unrelated to how the app icons are organized.
“How many games are you downloading?”
“Isn’t that excessive?”
“Can I get this one? It’s on sale.”
“For sale as in…free? You know it has to say…F.R.E.E. Do you see those letters?”
“I think so.”
I glance at the phone and see it’s a game you have to get on Amazon Underground.
“No baby. That one isn’t free. It doesn’t even tell you how much it is.”
“Yes it is! You just have to go to the other market.”
“Ugghhhhh… look!” (points to the shopping cart) I’m just going to teleport over there. You’ll see…”
He clicks the link to open the other “market”.
“NOOOOOO!! I saw of glimpse of $99 per year and went into flip mode. Seriously?!?!?! Just stop! Get a game out of the cloud that you already have or go to bed!”
He picks a version of Angry Birds in outer space.
“Wake me up when it’s done installing…nope never mind…my game is ready!!”
So…a couple of things we can conclude here:
- I’m doing a terrible job parenting this evening.
- I wish my husband was home. 3rd shift nights = mama & Aaron stay up too late
- Aaron is SUPER smart…maybe too smart 🙂